Live with Dr. Karen Bearss: An Interactive Q&A Hour
Join us for one of four LIVE Interactive Q&A hours with Dr. Karen Bearss in 2022.
Two Dates Posted!
Scroll Down for More Information
For the best experience you should use the following:
- Device: A desktop or laptop computer, a Chromebook, or a recent version of a tablet device.
- Browser: An updated version of Chrome or Firefox. | DO NOT use Safari or Internet Explorer
- A high-speed internet connection.
To improve your experience:
- Feel free to use the screen reader and other accessibility options provided to you. To explore these options click on the floating User Way icon found on the left side of the website or press CTRL + U.
- Turn on closed captioning when viewing the recordings.
This live, interactive question and answer session is hosted by Dr. Bearss but designed by you! Participants will pre-submit implementation and practice questions and Dr. Bearss will answer them LIVE. Not only will Dr. Bearss answer your questions but she welcomes conversation so please join us for a fun, completely unique hour.
Individuals that register for the Three-Course/ Five-Course On-Demand Bundle receive a coupon for a FREE registration at one of the four "Live with Dr. Karen Bearss" events in 2022.
- Current Live Dates: July 13, 2022 + October 26, 2022
- Time: 11:00 am to 12:00 pm Eastern Time (New York)
- We will record the hour and provide access for 14-days following the live event.
Target Audience: Professionals for whom the topic is within their scope of practice. The audiences that attended our live workshops since 2019 have include behavior analysts at the Master and Doctoral Degree level, clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, certified counselors, social workers, teachers, SLPs, and more.
Karen Bearss is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Washington. She serves as Clinical Director of the Seattle Children's Autism Center where she also directs the RUBI Clinic. Dr. Bearss earned her B.S. in Psychology as well as her M.S. and Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at the University of Florida. She is a leading expert in the development, testing, and implementation of caregiver-mediated interventions for youth with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and co-occurring challenging behaviors. Dr. Bearss was a Co-Investigator on the multi-site NIMH collaborative study of parent training for disruptive behaviors in youth with ASD and was designated as the first author on the primary paper from this trial, published in JAMA. She also is the first author of the RUBI Parent Training Manual, now available as part of the Programs that Work series at Oxford University Press.
Dr. Bearss earns royalties from the sale of the Clinician's manual and Parent workbook on Oxford University Press. She also earns royalties from the sale of this and the other courses in the ABAC On-Demand RUBI Parent Training Instructional Series.
ELIGIBLE PROFESSIONS: CONTINUING EDUCATION
- We are not offering Continuing Education Credit for this Event
NOT ELIGIBLE FOR:
- We are not offering BACB, NBCC, ASWB, APA or AOTA credit for this event.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
After attending this event, attendees will be able to discuss challenges and barriers experienced by other practitioners when implementing (or attempting to implement) the RUBI Parent Training Program.
11:00 am - Introduction
11:05 am - Interactive discussion begins.
12:00 pm - Interactive discussion ends.