NEW DATES: Intro to Organizational Behavior Management (OBM) in Human Service Setting: A 6hr workshop in two parts
Scroll Down for More Information
Out of stock
For the best experience you should use the following:
- Zoom: The most current version of Zoom.
- Device: A desktop or laptop computer, a Chromebook, or a recent version of a tablet device.
- Browser: An updated version of Chrome or Firefox. | DO NOT use Safari or Internet Explorer
- A high-speed internet connection.
To improve your experience:
- Feel free to use the screen reader and other accessibility options provided to you. To explore these options click on the floating User Way icon found on the left side of the website or press CTRL + U.
- Turn on closed captioning when viewing the recordings.
Presented by: Dr. Nicole Gravina
NEW DATES: Live Thursday 2/17/22 & 3/3/22 | 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
The recording of all ABAC Live events are accessible to those that register for the live event for 2-weeks.
Continuing education credit and professional development requirements must be met within that two-week window.
The recording will close on 3/17/22 at 11:59 pm eastern.
Organizational Behavior Management (OBM) is the application of behavior analysis in organizations to improve performance, safety, and a variety of other outcomes. In this course, participants will be introduced to OBM, learn common tools for measuring and assessing performance, and learn simple yet effective intervention strategies to improve workplace performance. This two-part course will include brief homework assignments to help attendees practice new skills and apply their learning to their work.
Professionals from multiple disciplines whose job descriptions include team management, supervision, staff training, and/or performance evaluations who experience high turn over, are new to their position, or who would otherwise like to improve their performance.
We also welcome those for whom the topic is within their scope of practice, students and others who are also interested in the topic to join us. Note that continuing education credit may not be available for all professionals in the target audience. ABAC will provide a certificate of attendance for those who attend for professional development purposes.
After attending this event:
- Participants will be able to identify key events in the history of OBM
- Participants will be able to identify and measure work behaviors in need of improvement
- Participants will be able to assess workplace performance issues
- Participants will be able to list common interventions for encouraging good workplace performance
- Participants will be able to identify the most effective feedback strategies
- Participants will be able to identify considerations for using incentives in the workplace"
Dr. Nicole Gravina is an Assistant Professor of Behavior Analysis in the Department of Psychology at the University of Florida. Nicole earned her Master’s in Industrial-Organizational Psychology and her Ph.D. in Behavior Analysis from Western Michigan University. She has published over 40 articles and book chapters and delivered over 100 presentations and workshops. She serves on the editorial boards of Behavior Analysis in Practice and Occupational Health Science, as an Associate Editor for the Journal of Organizational Behavior Management, and as a Trustee for the Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies. In 2019, Nicole was honored with the APA Early Career Impact Award in Consulting Psychology. Nicole specializes in designing behaviorally-based workplace interventions that improve employee safety, healthcare delivery, and leadership and consulting skills. In addition to her faculty appointment, Nicole has consulted in a variety of industries, including healthcare, human services, manufacturing, public utilities, insurance, and construction
Dr. Gravina has no financial disclosures to make regarding the materials, resources, organizations, or research presented during this webinar or workshop.
12:00 pm: Introduction: Welcome, Requirements to earn continuing education, Presenter Bio
12:05 pm: Presentation Begins
1:30 pm: First break
1:40 pm: First Q&A session
1:50 pm: Webinar resumes
2:45 pm: Second Q&A session
3:00 pm: CE requirements, evaluation, check out, certificate of completion
Post-test: Multiple choice questions| Total anticipated time to complete: Approximately 15 minutes (CE eligible for some professions) | Passing score: 80%
Attendance Verification: Attendance Code Submission Form | Total anticipated time to complete: 2 minutes
INCLUDED WITH THIS LIVE EVENT
- Opportunities to interact with the presenter during the Live Event.
- All ABACLive Events include a reference list which allows attendees to continue their research following the event.
- Presenters may provide their slides or an abridged version of their slides as a handout at their own discretion.
- Handouts and additional resources (if applicable) are available for download 24 hours prior to the Live Event start time.
- Two-week Post-Live Event Access Period: During this time, those that registered for the live event are able to view the recording, access handouts and other resources provided (if applicable) and complete continuing education requirements.
THIS COURSE IS APPROVED FOR THE FOLLOWING CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT HOURS
- 6 BACB CEUs (Learning)
- 6 APA Credit Hours
- Not eligible for NBCC, AOTA, or ASWB credit hours. You may download a certificate of attendance if your profession is not represented.
- Additional Credit Hours Pending. Please Check Back.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT REQUIREMENTS
- Attendance Verification and Passing Score on Post-test (80%) Required to Earn Continuing Education Credit
- Participants are provided multiple opportunities to pass the post-test and provide attendance verification.
- For ABAC's continuing education approvals statements please view our Continuing Education page.
If the abovementioned continuing education credit requirements are not met, participants will not receive continuing education credit. Partial credit will not be awarded. Refunds and transfers are not granted if requirements are not met. In the event additional support is necessary to achieve the expected outcomes (see below) please reach out to email@example.com to request assistance.
Attendees who meet the continuing education credit requirements must also fill out a confidential evaluation. Once the evaluation is complete, the certificate can be found in the "My Certificates" tab in an attendee's abacnj.com personal dashboard.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT REQUIREMENTS
Certificate of attendance are offered to those who do not need or require continuing education credit. For those attending the live event, selecting "other" as a professional designation will produce a certificate of attendance for professional development or internal organization training purposes.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
After attending this event, attendees will select the correct answer on 80% of the questions within 3 attempts of the post-test that assesses the 6 learning objectives for this 6-hour event.