On-Demand: Clinical Implementation of the RUBI Parent Training Program
This ABAC On-Demand Event is Presented By
Dr. Karen Bearss
The presentation contains content from live events that aired in February 2021 & June 2021.
Scroll Down for More Information
For the best experience you should use the following:
- Device: A desktop or laptop computer, a Chromebook, or a recent version of a tablet device.
- Browser: An updated version of Chrome or Firefox. | DO NOT use Safari or Internet Explorer
- A high-speed internet connection.
To improve your experience:
- Feel free to use the screen reader and other accessibility options provided to you. To explore these options click on the floating User Way icon found on the left side of the website or press CTRL + U.
- Turn on closed captioning when viewing the recordings.
This workshop is a continuation of the introductory series and is designed to prepare clinicians for the implementation the RUBI program in practice. Through the use of manual materials and case exemplars, this 4-hour workshop will focus on treatment delivery strategies and challenges, including considerations when choosing cases, discussion of common “pitfalls” when implementing session materials, and how to promote successful delivery of the intervention in order to meet the needs of individual children and their families. Ongoing training opportunities and certification criteria also will be reviewed. Participants will be expected to have access to the RUBI Clinician Manual and accompanying Parent Workbook for this workshop.
Target Audience: Professionals for whom the topic is within their scope of practice. The audiences that attended our live workshops since 2019 have include behavior analysts at the Master and Doctoral Degree level, clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, certified counselors, social workers, teachers, SLPs, and more. We offer a wide range of continuing education credit opportunities for interested professionals. We welcome students and others who are also interested in the topic to join us.
After attending this webinar participants should be able to:
- Identify target clinical populations appropriate for the delivery of RUBI.
- Identify clinical considerations for each of the 11 Core and 7 Supplemental RUBI sessions.
- Identify common barriers to treatment fidelity and develop responsive solutions.
- Select treatment delivery plans that are responsive to clinic demands and family needs.
THIS COURSE IS APPROVED FOR THE FOLLOWING CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT HOURS
- 4.25 BACB CEUs (Learning)
- 3.5 APA Credit Hours
- 3.5 NBCC Credit Hours (Counseling Theory/Practice)
- .375 AOTA Credit Hours Course Approval ID# 02209* (Includes Anticipated Quiz Time)
- Additional Credit Hours Pending. Please Check Back.
*The Applied Behavior Analysis Center is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID#02209 . This distance learning-independent event is offered at .375 CEUs [Introductory Level | OT Service Delivery]. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT REQUIREMENTS
- Attendance Verification and Passing Score on Post-test (80%) Required to Earn Continuing Education Credit
- Participants are provided multiple opportunities to pass the post-test and provide attendance verification.
- For ABAC's continuing education approvals statements please view our Continuing Education page.
If the abovementioned continuing education credit requirements are not met, participants will not receive continuing education credit. Partial credit will not be awarded. Refunds and transfers are not granted if requirements are not met. In the event additional support is necessary to achieve the expected outcomes (see below) please reach out to email@example.com to request assistance.
Attendees who meet the continuing education credit requirements must also fill out a confidential evaluation. Once the evaluation is complete, the certificate can be found in the "My Certificates" tab in an attendee's abacnj.com personal dashboard.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
After attending this event, attendees will select the correct answer on 80% of the questions within 3 attempts of the post-test that assesses the 4 learning objectives for this 3-hour event.
The RUBI On-Demand Courses were published on November 15, 2021. After January 1, 2022, all registrations will grant a three-month access period beginning at the time of purchase.
Karen Bearss is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Washington. She serves as Clinical Director of the Seattle Children's Autism Center where she also directs the RUBI Clinic. Dr. Bearss earned her B.S. in Psychology as well as her M.S. and Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at the University of Florida. She is a leading expert in the development, testing, and implementation of caregiver-mediated interventions for youth with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and co-occurring challenging behaviors. Dr. Bearss was a Co-Investigator on the multi-site NIMH collaborative study of parent training for disruptive behaviors in youth with ASD and was designated as the first author on the primary paper from this trial, published in JAMA. She also is the first author of the RUBI Parent Training Manual, now available as part of the Programs that Work series at Oxford University Press.
Dr. Bearss earns royalties from the sale of the Clinician's manual and Parent workbook on Oxford University Press. She also earns royalties from the sale of this and the other courses in the ABAC On-Demand RUBI Parent Training Instructional Series.
Overview: Event information, Requirements to earn continuing education, learning management system tips | Format: Text | Total Non-CE Eligible Engagement Time: 5 minutes | Total CE Eligible Engagement Time: 0 minutes
Presentation: Format: 5 Closed-Caption Enabled Videos | Total Non-CE Eligible Engagement Time: 0 minutes | Total CE Eligible Engagement Time: 222 minutes
Post-test: 25 post-test questions | Total anticipated time to complete: Approximately 15 minutes (CE eligible for some professions) | Passing score: 80%
Attendance Verification: Attendance Code Submission Form | Total anticipated time to complete: 2 minutes
INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE
- PDF handouts of presentation slides
- Short Screening
- Intake Form
- RUBI Clinic Policies and Procedures
- Links to the FREE print and video resources available on Oxford University Press including the RUBI Supplemental Sessions
NOT INCLUDED BUT STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
RUBI Clinician Manual & RUBI Parent Workbook