BITES®: A Behavioral Integrated with Speech Approach to Feeding Therapy – 2/8/19
BITES®: A Behavioral Integrated with Speech Approach to Feeding Therapy
Dr. Laura Seiverling, PhD, BCBA-D and Elise Jusko, CCC-SLP
Live Event Information:
- Date: Friday, 2/8/19
- Time: 10:00-1:00 pm eastern
- This webinar is presented LIVE and will be recorded. All registrants have the opportunity to attend LIVE and/or view the recording during the 5 day limited access period that begins the day after the live webinar.
- Not sure how our recording program works? Read More
Scroll down to the product description for the complete description and related information about this event.
Out of stock
[pane title=”Abstract and Learning Objectives”]
Pediatric feeding problems are complex and often require a multi-disciplinary approach to assessment and treatment. The Behavioral InTEgrated with Speech approach, known as BITES®, focuses specifically on how speech-language pathologists (SLPS) and Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) can work together to assess feeding problems and develop interventions for them. With over 30 years of combined experience in the field of pediatric feeding disorders, Dr. Laura Seiverling, Psychologist and BCBA-D, and Elise Jusko, CCC-SLP, will draw from their own experiences working on a multidisciplinary feeding team together and will provide an overview of how cross-discipline collaboration between SLPs and BCBAs can look when it comes to both assessment and treatment of various pediatric feeding disorders. Case examples will be provided for each of the feeding problems discussed. In addition, the presenters will review the various factors that may lead to a feeding problem and will provide an overview of typical feeding development.
1. Participants will be able to describe typical feeding development
2. Participants will be able to identify the role of various disciplines involved in multidisciplinary feeding evaluations.
3. Participants will be able to identify common medical and environmental factors that may lead to a feeding problem.
4. Participants will learn the role of both SLPs and BCBAs in the BITES® approach to assessment and intervention of pediatric feeding disorders.
[pane title=”Credit Hour Information”]
Continuing Education and Professional Development:
- Certified Behavior Analysts/Licensed Behavior Analysts: 3 type II CEs LIVE & Recording
- Psychologists: 3 CEs LIVE & Recording
- Social Workers/Certified Counselors: N/A
- Teachers/RBTs/Other professionals: This event may be eligible for continuing education or professional development hours. Speak with a representative at your organization or your supervisor for approval.
For ABAC’s continuing education approvals statements please view our Continuing Education page
10:00 am: Introduction
10:05 am: Presentation begins
11:30 am: 10 minute break
11:40 am: First Q&A Session- submit questions via chat
11:50 am: Presentation resumes
12:45 pm: Q&A submit questions for chat
1:00 pm: Posttest, Evaluation and submit attendance codes
[pane title=”Speaker Information”]
Dr. Laura Seiverling is a licensed psychologist and Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). She worked for five years at St. Mary’s Hospital for Children’s Center for Pediatric Feeding Disorders in Bayside, New York, serving as both psychologist and clinical supervisor for the program. She now holds an Assistant Teaching Professor position at Ball State University. Dr. Seiverling has over ten years of experience providing treatment for feeding as well as other behaviors in children. She has published more than thirty articles and book chapters in the areas of feeding problems, autism spectrum disorder, staff and parent training, and behavioral interventions.
Elise Jusko, M.S. CCC/SLP is a speech pathologist that has been practicing for 28 years. She has been specializing in feeding for 21 years. She was one of the first SLPs at The Feeding Program at The Children’s Hospital of Richmond and she along with the help of a Gastroenterologist, created The Interdisciplinary Feeding Program at St. Mary’s Hospital For Children. She is still a part of the Feeding Team at St. Mary’s and is currently supervising initial evaluations and admissions.
Presenter Disclosure Statement:
Laura Seiverling and Elise Jusko will receive speaker fees for their presentation for ABAC. Dr. Seiverling is also the co-author of Broccoli Boot Camp: Basic Training for Parents of Selective Eaters, which may be mentioned during the presentation. She receives royalties from sales of the book.
Accommodations for Individuals with Disabilities
Our webinars are available to anyone who is able to access the internet. For those who are vision impaired attendance codes are read aloud and graphs and videos are described verbally. For those who require it, our webinar platform allows for closed-captioning. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.