The Assessment of Adult Core Competencies Curriculum for Extreme Aggression (ACCEA) Workshop Series – 5 Course Bundle
For additional information about content workshop dates, recording availability and more please view the individual events. Links to each event below.
Out of stock
This Five Workshop Bundle Includes
- An Introduction to The Assessment of Adult Core Competencies Curriculum for Extreme Aggression (ACCEA) – A 6 hour workshop in 2 parts
- Behavioral Relaxation Training: Third Wave Intervention for the Management of Stress, Anger, and Extreme Aggression in Special Populations
- Sexuality Issues as they apply to Adults with Autism and Intellectual Disabilities: Facilitating Relationships and Sexuality in a Proactive and Inclusive Manner
- Staff Training Issues in Adult Settings Serving Individuals with Extreme Aggression: Evidence Based Assessment and Training Agendas for Direct Support Professionals
- Vocational Opportunities for Adults with Severe Behavioral Challenges: Blending Applied Behavior Analysis with Vocational Supports
- Recording Availability: See Each Event for More Information
- Cancellation, Missed Webinar, and Grievance Policies | Accessibility
- Learn more about The Assessment of Adult Core Competencies Curriculum and our presenter on The Behavioral Observations Podcast
- View additional information about the The Assessment of Adult Core Competencies Curriculum for Extreme Aggression (ACCEA) Workshop Series
There are a total of 14 hours worth of CE hours presented across the six webinars in the series. See individual events for more information.
For ABAC’s continuing education approvals statements please view our Continuing Education page
*Only behavior analysts, psychologists and counselors may view ABAC recordings for continuing education credit (If eligible). All other professions must attend live.
We welcome all professionals for whom the topic is within their scope of practice. In addition we invite family members, students, and others who are also interested in the topic to join us.
Dr. John M. Guercio has spent much of his career researching effective staff training protocols and behavior intervention strategies for staff and clients in settings where severe aggression is present. Since obtaining his master’s and doctoral degrees in behavior analysis and therapy from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Dr. Guercio has worked in settings serving as Director of Behavioral Services for the Missouri Department of Mental Health, and as Vice President of Clinical Services and Research at the Judevine Center for Autism/TouchPoint Autism Services in St. Louis. He also serves as adjunct faculty in the behavior analysis department at Washington University, St. Louis University and Central Missouri University. He has also given more than 500 presentations at behavioral conferences and authored and/or co-authored over 50 articles in peer reviewed journals as well as written several book chapters related to the treatment of intensive behavioral issues. He has authored or co-authored 2 books; Assessment of Adult Core Competencies: Teaching Skills to Adults with Autism and Severe Behavioral Challenges; and Behavioral Relaxation Training Clinical Applications with Diverse Populations.
In his career, Dr. Guercio has helped design and run a program for individuals with sexually deviant behavior and substance abuse issues and has developed an entire treatment protocol based upon that program. In his current role at Benchmark Human Services, Dr. Guercio serves as the Clinical Director. He develops and delivers behavioral services for clients with significant aggression and high risk behavioral needs, many of whom have been institutionalized for more than 15 years, often under restraints and heavy medication. Through Dr. Guercio’s leadership, many clients’ medication dosages have decreased and, they have developed positive compensatory behaviors and are being integrated into the community.
Disclosure: Dr. Guercio receives royalties from the sale of his books Assessment of Adult Core Competencies: Teaching Skills to Adults with Autism and Severe Behavioral Challenges; and Behavioral Relaxation Training Clinical Applications with Diverse Populations.
14 hours of intensive instruction
14 continuing education hours including five hours of Supervision content
Access to the recording for 10 days following the live event
Individuals providing assessment and intervention planning services to adults with intellectual disabilities, severe problem behavior, autism spectrum disorder in day or residential settings.
Individuals supervising staff who work with adults with intellectual disabilities, severe problem behavior, autism spectrum disorder in day or residential settings.